Life with the Libster

Just some ramblings to keep me from going insane while talking to the Libster.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

and they wouldn't take her!

We tried to leave Libby with her fellow monkeys at the zoo but they wouldn't take her. I think they felt a little threatened by her...she can be really fiesty.

The zoo was a lot of fun! We went on January 7th with Brenda, Craig, Rob and Brenda and Rob's Aunt and Uncle. It was a cold snowy day, perfect for polar bear watching. Libby had a really great time. She loved looking at all the animals! Our favourites were the Monkeys (Macaques). Last time we were at the zoo, when Libby was 4 months old, the monkeys came running over to the side of the cage to see us when we wheeled the stroller over. They seemed to enjoy looking at little babies. This time, before I even had Libby out of the stroller, a big monkey lept from a perch to the glass right in front of us...and smashed right into the window. Once I had Libby out the monkeys all came over, this time they were angry though. They were shaking their monkey fists and gnashing their monkey teeth at us. Libby thought this was great! But we figured if we left her with the monkeys she might be picked on a little...so we brought her home.

Libby and the scary monkeys









Andrew fought a lepoard!
A happy family




























The Cichlids...Libby loved them!...the seahorse is about actual size










All lined up and ready for the swimsuit competition...my money's on #541


















2 Comments:

  • At 9:24 p.m., Blogger kawara said…

    Libby looks happy at the zoo. I like that she wore her animal hat. I suppose it was to help her blend in with the animals.

     
  • At 6:08 p.m., Blogger Bethie said…

    You have snow! I'm so jealous it's been raining here forever :( Libby looks like she had a blast at the zoo though

     

Post a Comment

<< Home