Our Big Girl
I wasn't terribly good at posting last month so lets see if I can do better in June. Libby had a great week! I don't think I have mentioned our childcare arrangement here yet. Hayley is watching Libby now. She comes up here with Kylie every day. Libby is so happy (of course she was happy with her Nana, Grandma, and her Grandpa watching her these past 6 weeks too:). She realised quickly that just before mommy leaves for work Kylie comes over and plays with her all day so she doesn't care that I have to go to work and leave her anymore. "Go away mommy, I want to play" seems to be her attitude. When Hayley and Kylie get her Libby runs in circles around Kylie screaching and flapping her arms. On morning she even ran up to Kylie yelling baba (baby -which is funny since Kylie is older:) and gave Kylie a big hug. Poor Kylie was just waking up and didn't know what to think :) Anyways Hayley has been doing a better job watching Libby than I could ever do...crafts, neat play activities and meals so good I want to come home for lunch :) It sure makes going to work easier.
Libby has also learnt some new skills. She can climb (yes CLIMB) now. She has been climbing onto Andrew's foot stool and jumping. She has tried to climb her shelves. Agghhh...she will climb on anything. And this week Libby started telling us what she wants to eat. At breakfast she started pointing to yogurt and pushing away the spoon when it had the cereal or applesauce on it (now how am I supposed to get a balanced diet into her :) and this moring she got fed up with me trying to get her to eat the other things so she grabbed the spoon and started feeding herself the yogurt. I can't win.
I have tons of pictures and video's to share but no time now. Here are two vidoe's or her in her swing. The first Rob took over a year ago. The second I took a week ago (but I can't get it to rotate so turn your head :). She sure has grown.
Libby has also learnt some new skills. She can climb (yes CLIMB) now. She has been climbing onto Andrew's foot stool and jumping. She has tried to climb her shelves. Agghhh...she will climb on anything. And this week Libby started telling us what she wants to eat. At breakfast she started pointing to yogurt and pushing away the spoon when it had the cereal or applesauce on it (now how am I supposed to get a balanced diet into her :) and this moring she got fed up with me trying to get her to eat the other things so she grabbed the spoon and started feeding herself the yogurt. I can't win.
I have tons of pictures and video's to share but no time now. Here are two vidoe's or her in her swing. The first Rob took over a year ago. The second I took a week ago (but I can't get it to rotate so turn your head :). She sure has grown.

2 Comments:
At 4:17 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
The videos are great but please send pictures for the rest of us who can not open the videos
At 5:47 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
she seems to be in a better mood in the second video :) this is bren btw, and i just wanted to say hey, and that you will be seeing more of me for the next year, as i got the job at st. mike's :)
Post a Comment
<< Home