A bad week
I know I have been very bad at posting lately. I only have 2 days left of classes and two weeks of work before summer vacation so I will have more time soon. So what have we been up to? Libby has been sick (she is all better now). The week started out with a trip to a walk-in clinic monday night because Libby had an eye infection. We got some drops for that. Andrew stayed home with her on Tuesday since the infection is contageous until the eye clears up and we didn't want Kylie catching it. Tuesday morning Libby couldn't even get her eye open. The drops worked wonders and the eye was mostly clear by tuesday night. On tuesday afternoon Libby developed a fever. We went to the emergency room tuesday night because it was over 40 degrees. The doctors couldn't figure out what was causing the fever (probably a bug?). The strange this was that Libby was acting normal, except for a very high fever. Wednesday night the fever reached 42 degrees. Thursday morning Libby had a febrile seizure (fever seizure). Andrew was home with her so he got to call 911 and have an ambulance come to our house (which got lost on the way - don't get me started). Turns out the seizure is harmless an is caused by a fever spike. Doesn't make it any less scary. By the time I got to the hospital, Libby was running around playing -not a sick baby??!? She had a second febrile seizure later that afternoon with me. I hope that never happens again!!! I was terrified. Anyways Libby's fever went down friday night. No clue what she had but she never really looked sick.
Things I learnt from this week:
1. You can give a baby tylenol and advil at the same time (with a doctor's permission first) to keep a very high fever down.
2. The firemen are better at finding our house than the ambulance drivers. (although they were all very nice - getting lost was because of our crazy street)
3. Having a high fever when it's really really hot outside sucks.
4. 42 degrees celcius is 106 degrees farenheit...that's hot.
5. How to give Libby tylenol/advil and eye drops when I am home alone.
So here are some pictures of Libby playing this morning with her water table:




Things I learnt from this week:
1. You can give a baby tylenol and advil at the same time (with a doctor's permission first) to keep a very high fever down.
2. The firemen are better at finding our house than the ambulance drivers. (although they were all very nice - getting lost was because of our crazy street)
3. Having a high fever when it's really really hot outside sucks.
4. 42 degrees celcius is 106 degrees farenheit...that's hot.
5. How to give Libby tylenol/advil and eye drops when I am home alone.
So here are some pictures of Libby playing this morning with her water table:






3 Comments:
At 10:06 p.m.,
Anonymous said…
I'm so glad Miss Libby is feeling better, she sure knows how to make people worry! :) And you thought being a mom was all fun and good times :) By the way, that is one snazzy swimsuit, wherever did she get it?? :)
bren
At 10:43 p.m.,
Marianne said…
Isn't it a lovley swimsuit! An it fits her so well. I think it must be a designer swimsuit!
She looks so cute in it...you chose well!!
At 2:06 p.m.,
Bethie said…
Yikes! I'm glad Libby is feeling better...I'm wondering if the fever was a delayed response to the infection in her eye? I should blog...it's been awhile for me too but I have no pictures to put up yet...soon I'm sure. See you when you're down!
Post a Comment
<< Home