Four Generations
Last summer when I found out I was pregnant one of the things I was most excited about was sharing that news with my family - especially my grandparents. I was fourtnate enough to remember (even if just barely) 3 of my great-grandparents on my father's side and was really happy that Libby would get to know her great-grandparents since as of last august we (Andrew and I) had 4 grandmothers and one grandfather still with us. Unfortunately my grandmother passed away shortly after I found out we were going to have a baby and I never even got to tell her - although we did get to share her name with our Elizabeth. During our visit to Halifax mom and dad took Libby and I to Cape Breton to see my Nanny and my Grampy. We had a great visit and got lots of pictures.
On Friday morning my grandfather passed away - two days after he met Libby. I am so glad he got to see her and even though she won't remember the visit I will.

Dad, Me, Nanny and Libby

Grampy, Libby, Me and Mom
On Friday morning my grandfather passed away - two days after he met Libby. I am so glad he got to see her and even though she won't remember the visit I will.

Dad, Me, Nanny and Libby

Grampy, Libby, Me and Mom

1 Comments:
At 11:50 a.m.,
Anonymous said…
Sorry bout your Grampy too, how lucky that Libby got to meet him. It's hard to tell how much time we all have left, it's wonderful that Libby is helping you make the best of it :)
bren
Post a Comment
<< Home