Life with the Libster

Just some ramblings to keep me from going insane while talking to the Libster.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Chirrp Chirrp

That's the noise Libby's baby monitor makes just before the alarm goes off. It's one of the peices of "baby crap" (as Andrew calls it) that seems to be required if you are going to have a baby. We have collected a lot of baby crap. The monitor has a sensor that fits under the crib and an alarm goes off if the baby stops breathing for more than 10 seconds. It's supposed to protect against SIDS. Don't get me wrong, I really love this monitor. It lets me sleep at night without worrying. But usually the alarm goes off when I pick up Libby and walk away without remembering to turn it off. Not last night. It went off in the middle of the night. Andrew and I were in the nursery before the second chirp. And what was our sweet baby doing besides scaring us? Breathing just fine of course! She had moved so far over in the crib that the sensor couldn't pick her up. It seems she has the amazing ability to move when noone is looking. On sunday and monday morning we found her with her feet dangling out between the bars of the crib. I think it must be a baby superpower they only posess during the wee hours of the morning, the power to move and contort oneself in strange ways. I'll get a picture of her feet dangling between the bars next time she does it. Crazy crazy baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home